Sunday, December 23, 2007

Best Christmas Present Ever!





















For years in school, whenever we had to write an essay or speak of a holiday favorite, mine was always the birth of my third sister.

I remember thinking it was such a miracle that a little beautiful baby girl would be brought to my home on Christmas. It can't be luck, it had to be meant to be. Someone I can love, practice french braids on, mold into my own.

She is a nut, understand that. Someone who wakes with "forces" telling her to remain in bed. Someone who goes from happy to catotonic is seconds.

She met the New Kids...Brad Pitt was her favorite guy, she met him on TV. Carson Daly was her other, met him as well. She makes her life seem effortless, tireless...but somehow manages to gain experiences under her belt.

She once went on a cruise and did not do a thing. Spent 80.00 the entire week while vacationing and claims to have had a great time and can't wait to go again.

She is the one who will go to Yosemite, but never climb the mountain or walk the trail. Go sledding, but never zoom down the hill. But she appears to be happy and satisfied.

Great sister, wonderful aunt, a best friend as a daughter. Lover to her godchild. Teacher to be.

Thanks Aunt Coco for being you. Thanks for making the last 21 Christmas's special.

5 comments:

Coleen said...

thanks, i'm glad someone awknowledges me. i can't believe i'm your favorite present. (or was-josh) this is a bit akward with you being in the same room or i would write more! thanks, love you

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! A perfect message- it is all true to. She is also the only prson I ever knew to stop and make sure her heart was still beating. Col you are a happy warm and loving person and I have recently realized you are certainly no longer my kid sister- you are an adult

Coleen said...

thanks kaka

Coleen said...

bff

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.