Sunday, June 3, 2007

Trying To Fight The Good Fight Against Gymboree Classes..


You move to a new city, you don't work, you have a baby...The life of a hermit was never of interest to you, so the simple solution would be Gymboree. At close to $50.00 a month, 1 class a week, for an hour, you meet other moms while your baby rolls on the floor.


I signed up for a different program, Stroller Moms. 3 times a week they meet, 15.00 a week, to wheel along with them in a public park. This one caught my attention, since it was 3 times a week.


The YMCA is on my corner...a cool $74.00 a month. I was going to sign up for baby swim lessons, pediatrican talked me out of it.


Today, I felt like a good mom. My little bear was handed his first library card. We picked out books, then went to talk to the children's director regarding Books and Babies classes. Well, we made it on the waiting list. Hopefully, someone cancels. It would be a free program, once a week, reading and singing. The library sure has changed though, this one is complete with its own coffee shop.





I am shocked the church doesn't offer a similar program...but I am now on the hunt. This week, I am turning 29, I keep telling myself, I will have friends...


I have met some great people down here...all NY'ers though...

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Joshie is so smart.