Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Brother was Right

Months ago he predicted the impact Oprah would have on the upcoming election. He lives in France and asked who she is backing-Obama or Hillary...I said why? He said she is going to be the voice of a lot of women.

Oprah announced she is holding a huge celebrity fundraising event for Obama. Watching MSNBC tonight, Hardball, the debate was about Oprah and her influence.

Personally, I am going with Hillary at the moment. I won't lie, mainly because she is a woman. I would not vote for any woman(Condelezza scares me) but Hillary is doable.



"I don't consider myself political and I seldom interview politicians. So when I decided to talk with you [Barack], people around me were like, 'What's happened to you?' I said, 'I think this is beyond and above politics.' It feels like something new." — Oprah

2 comments:

Reilly Owens said...

Of course I was right. I'm right about everything! I'm going to write in to Oprah to tell her to get behind Nader. Nader: Now More Than Ever!

Karen said...

I will be supporting Obama. I know we ned a woman in the Whitehouse but I want a woman I can believe in and trust (at least to some degree) and HIlary is not it for me. I believe Obama has the potential to be our generations Kennedy. He can bring us hope, faith, and possibility. I think we need these more than we could ever need a politically savvy woman.