Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Its My Brother's Birthday....


He is my Irish Twin. I can honestly say I have never met anyone remotely like him. I find him noble in his ways, there really is no single word to describe him. He currently lives in France, with a lovely girl. Anytime I am out in the world describing him, I always follow up by saying, I know he sounds nutty, but he's really not.

You can find him in a kitchen chopping or at a family member's birthday party handing over an enormous gift. He is a guy that writes checks to support local libraries. He knew the war was wrong before everyone else did. Somehow he knew Veronica Mars was awesome, I listened, because I always listen.

We would wait for the bus together in the mornings to bring us to the city. Dressed in his fancy hat, overalls, and vegan approved sneakers....always armed with a green drink in his hand. At times, he would get on the same bus as me, as long as I promised not to speak to him. It was his journal/reading time.

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

3 comments:

Karen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REILLY

Janice- welcome to the blog world

Coleen said...

this is great that im going to have two blogs dedicated to me on my day!

Reilly Owens said...

Thank you very much, Janice. You know, if I'm anything, it's a reaction to you, either in the way our parents raised me, or the way I behave to irk/upstage you. You created me, big sis. Thanks!