Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


I have always had a great love for Memorial Day. In my house it was birthday season, one birthday after another. School was coming to an end. When I no longer attended school, a three day weekend was something to look forward to. I would dare say it is my favorite weekend, so much so that I chose to get married the week of Memorial Day.

I am the mother of a 5 month old. The first two months of my baby's life, I was a walking zombie. How am I able to function as tired as I am? Should I be driving? Will I ever sleep again? Time and time again, two thoughts entered into my mind...

#1....I will never wish for twins. I don't know how moms of multiples do it.

#2....In this time of war, God Bless the young moms who are physically doing this solo. Not only the fear of your husband at war, missing him, worrying about him...but not having him around to share in the incredible joy or the sleepless, hopeless nights.

5 comments:

Courtney C said...

Thanks Jan, this is lovely! I can't wait to watch it breathe. Court.

Reilly Owens said...

The world has waited too long for your opinions, Janice. Welcome to the blogopolis. Looks good so far.

LeoO said...

Hey Lover,
I'm glad you chose to start a blog. I think it's about time the masses get to experience the world through your perspective.


Let er rip!!

Coleen said...

oh my goodness janice, You have a blog and you sound incredible. You are going to go far with this blog, like reilly sais the ffworld has waited too long for your opinions. I love what you had to say . Keep it up, More than one writer in the family would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you so much.

Mommy

Coleen said...

coleenmommy